The shut doors and rusty locks of Pecinan






First house that caught my attention! What a nice arrangement!
Last week I had the chance to visit an opening of my art photographer-friends' exhibition at Semarang, Central Java. In two days and a night, me and my friends were walking, well frankly, taxi-ing around the city and got to check some tourism spots we googled days earlier. 

We stayed in a small budget-hotel at Pecinan, the chinese-community kampung or what-so-called China Town in the center of Semarang. Wake up earlier in the morning, I sneaked to have my me-time, snap-shoting the houses nearby the Hotel using my new-cheapo Fuji pocket camera. Old houses with a mix of Chinese-Dutch style in da neighborhood!



Facade
Most of the houses in this kampung are old and worn. In the main street I could spot some -bussiness-related buildings, but more deep in small gangs, I found the treasures of this town: vintage houses with great details on each facade. Here are just some beauties of the archaic houses.
berhimpitan. huddled.

3-2-3-4, random ventilation. Nice though!
see the roof shape? and the four side windows?
Doors
And the appealling large sized wooden doors that survived the age!
there is always light to guide you to my house, anytime!
temporary vandal, chalks on pretty door.. next gen art!

more vandals.. 

great details of the trellis, as well the number on the upright corner~

Windows
Simply love the shapes and shades ;)
and the shape follows..





Locks
And last, I regret not to put more attention on the details. The doors have pretty quirk rusty locks. Well, it could be a home-work on the next travel to identifying the locks!

vintage locks!
ciao!
sita sarit

Sita Sarit • 2018-2019